Friday, February 20, 2009

Give me a W . . .

W ... A... R...M... -- that's what One Warm Coat is all about. Warmth -- both the physical kind and the spiritual kind.

The North Middlesex Regional High School Cheerleaders from Townsend, Massachusetts held a One Warm Coat drive this winter. They had an amazing time -- and learned so much about their community.

A short tale about their delivery of the coats to the Clothes Closet: "When I was coming in to deliver the last bit of clothing an elderly man was looking through the clothes. I said my good mornings and that I hoped these items will help to keep people warm. He gave me a cute smile and I excused myself. As I was getting ready to leave, he tapped my arm and said "Thank you and God Bless". So I am passing this "Thank you and God Bless" to all of you. It is the simplest things in life that can make someone happy. A simple smile, a good morning, or warm clothing."

And we pass this along to you ---

No comments: